Posted on October 31 2014
Fall is here and that means everything pumpkin flavored, boots, comfy sweaters, and of course leopard print! I don’t know about you but I could wear leopard print everyday for the rest of my life and be completely happy. Leopard print can be dressed up or dressed down and it’s all about the pieces that you put together that bring an outfit together and give it some sass. Leopard print can be worn at the office, out on a date, lunch with friends, or an afternoon of shopping. Take a chance and have fun with leopard. Here are a few tips on how to wear leopard print for several different occasions. You can mix patterns. Mixing patterns can be a risk but if you do it correctly the reward will be worth the risk. You will get compliments on how fabulous and amazing you look!
- Make sure the patterns are within the same tone. When mixing patterns such as leopard and plaid, make sure the patterns are far apart, especially if the leopard print is large. If you are doing a plaid shirt and a leopard belt, that is acceptable too! Take a chance but remember not to mix too many patterns, try and stick with two. Pair it with skinny jeans, a cute boyfriend cardigan, or a leather bomber jacket.
- Wear a bold necklace. I picked a bold piece that was in a neutral tone. It definitely dresses up the look.
- Pick one piece for work. If you really want to take a risk, wear a leopard blazer. Sophie has the perfect leopard blazer that is made of a soft cotton/spandex blend. It is ¾ sleeve with ruching detail on the sleeves.
- Pair it with a bold color. Oxblood is my FAVORITE fall color and it goes perfectly with leopard. Leopard also goes great with red or hunter green for fall.
- Keep the layers simple and neutral. With the pairing of leopard print and a bold color such as oxblood or red, keep the layering piece simple. I went with a loose fitting white shirt from Sophie.
- Class it up with jewelry. Jewelry pulls the look together and makes the outfit what you want it to be. Try and match the piece or compliment the color of the jewelry with the bold color you choose to pair the leopard print with. I choose this amazing oxblood necklace that had accents of turquoise. I also paired it with simple gold bangles that keep the outfit looking sophisticated.
- Keep the shoes neutral if you decide to go with a leopard blazer, sweater, or top. This also applies the other way around. If you decide to do a bold leopard shoe such as a pump, flat, or bootie, keep the rest of the outfit neutral based on the bold piece you choose. There are so many different options you could choose. You could also choose a leopard blazer, neutral pant (black), and a bold shoe. Just remember it just depends on what is acceptable to wear at your workplace. Or what works for you and your style.
- Chambray shirts are the perfect pairing with leopard print! You can add leopard booties, a leopard scarf (pictured here, or a leopard belt)
- Chambray shirts can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. I paired it with these awesome Dear John leggings that have leather detailing. They make the outfit trendy and edgy. This can also work for a day at the office with black dress pants or a pencil skirt. Pair it with leopard flats or a leopard belt and nude or red flats. There are so many ways this can be done. Wear what you like and what works best for your body type.